Aadhar Card Update: A lot of people need to change details in aadhar card. So we will tell you how to change address or do aadhar card correction. Please keep in mind that this site is for information only. One needs to visit the official website to make the required changes in their UID Card.
Many people find that the information on their UIDAI Card is incorrect. So they search for aadhar card correction online. Aadhar card correction form is available online and offline also. We will discuss both the methods in this article. Through below technique you can edit or change your name, address, DOB, Father and mother name online.
Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal:
As we mentioned earlier, we provide only information here. If you are looking for the official website, we have a direct link to it below. Before that, you should read this article and get all the information first.
As you know, UIDAI is the authority responsible for everything related to adhar card. They have developed a website where one can update the information on their card. The official website is ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/ssup-home. Visit this website and make all the correction in aadhar card.
A lot of people are searching for the Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal. This is the website which is mentioned above. People can change address, phone number and update other details on this website.
Aadhar Card Update Online:
You have to fill an UID application form for address update. After submitting the application, you can check the UID Card Update Status. Please make sure you have the following items before going through the online process. You can update or change your mobile number, address, Name, Father name, Mother name and Date of Birth through given procedure.
- Registered mobile number.
- Scanned copy of documents.
- Aadhaar card number.
It is necessary to have the registered mobile number for aadhar card update online. It is not possible to update the card online without the phone number. However, there are other methods for this. One can visit the update center or send update request by post.
So if you have the above items, proceed further. Check the steps for updating/correction below.
- Visit the official website of UID Card Update ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update.
- Enter your 12-digit aadhaar card number in the box.
- Next, fill the security code as shown.
- After that, click on get OTP.
- Now check your phone for the OTP.
- Enter the OTP and select the field you want to update.
- Select the details you want to update, i.e., name, email, gender, address or any other.
- Now enter the details in English and local language also.
- After this, proceed to the next step.
- Now upload the scanned copy of the document.
- Finally, click on Submit to submit your application and documents.
- Once you complete the above steps, you will receive Update Registration Number (URN).
- Take the print out of the acknowledgment slip with the URN.
You can use the URM to track the adhar card update status. Once the information is updated, you can download the E-adhaar card. Check the steps for aadhar card download here.
Adhar card update status check:
Once you have applied for aadhar card address change, you want to check UID Card Update Status. We will tell how to do that in this section. You need your aadhar card number and URN for this purpose. The process is very simple. Adhar Card Update Status Check steps are given below.
- Visit the official website of Aadhar Card Update as mentioned above.
- You can visit the website directly here.
- It will ask for the adhar card number and URN.
- Enter these details and then click on Get Status button.
- Now the UID Card Update Status will appear on the screen.
If you want to check the status of enrollment, you have to visit another website. Check the Aadhar Card Status details on this website.
Aadhar Card Correction:
We will discuss the offline method of correction in Aadhar Card on this website. You need the aadhaar card correction form for this purpose. Download the PDF file of the form here. We have the instructions for filling the form below.
- First select the field you want to update.
- Next, enter the 12-digit aadhaar card number.
- Now fill the required details in English and Local language.
- There are two separate columns for the languages.
- Fill in the appropriate column.
- The list of proof of identity and proof of address is given in the form.
- Mention the name of proof that you have in the proper place.
- Now you have to submit the correction form by post.
- The address is mentioned in the Annexure 2 of the form.
If you cannot download the aadhar card online correction form, do not worry. The form is also available in the nearby Aadhaar Enrollment Center.
Update aadhar card online:
We have provided all the information of the aadhar card update and correction. Hope now you know what to do in aadhaar card change of address. Please note that if you wish to have lost your registered number, you have to visit the enrolment center. There is no solution for this online.
If you still have any question, feel free to ask us. We have a comment section below for this purpose. Please share this article on social media if you like it. You can also bookmark this page to read in future. Press CTRL + D to add to your bookmarks.